US FCC Comments Due Wednesday, February 6, 2013
SAMPLE AFFIDAVIT HERE:
FCC (Federal Communications Commission) invites comments regarding the need to make its RF radiation guidelines stricter. This proceeding – FCC 12-152 – responds to FCC’s proposal to amend the rules in order to protect the public health and safety from the adverse effects of RF radiation exposure. Current FCC guidelines claim to protect only against secondary, thermal effects, and not from the direct effects upon living tissues and systems.
FCC last invited comment in 2009, at which time corporate and military interests dominated the forum. It is time now for all of us to speak up and let FCC know it must act based on science, facts and law, and not industry presumption. Anyone in the world can write to FCC and express facts and law that pertain to revising FCC guidelines.
1. You can use this FCC webpage http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=vmefe to submit electronically.
2. You will need to prepare your comment* in either Word or PDF and attach your document. PDF is more secure, as it is less easily modifiable. Your document will be much stronger if:
a) You prepare it, if possible, in the form of an affidavit (see FCC Sample Affidavit).
b) Discuss facts – whether pertaining to technical, scientific and/or your own diagnoses and symptoms – and cite laws – federal and/or state – rather than your personal feelings or concerns. The last are considered merely subjective and do not hold sway.
3. At the top of the FCC webpage, note the Proceeding Number box. There are two proceedings: ET Docket No. 03-137 and WT Docket No. 12-357
Click on the box and copy/paste 03-137. Then click on
4. In the Contact Info section, place your name and an email address in the appropriate boxes.
5. In the Details section, leave “Ex parte presentation” blank. Leave “COMMENT” in the “Type of Filing” box. In “File Number” copy/paste 12-152. Leave the Report Number and Bureau ID Number blank.
6. In the Address section, keep “Address for: Filer”. Choose Address Type: US Address if within the US, International otherwise. Type address information.
7. In the Documents section, click on the Browse button to search your document name and where you saved it. Click on the document name. If you have addition information that you wish to submit such as some kind of Exhibit, click on the “Add Another Attachment” link and do the same again.
8. If you make a mistake, just click on “Reset” at the bottom of the page. This will clear the page so that you can start over.
9. To finish and review your submission, click on “Continue” at the bottom of the page. Print out the confirmation page to have a record of the number assigned to your submission.
* For more background, see explanation here http://www.emrpolicy.org/news/action/fcc_12_152_pp1_2_19.pdf , specifically WT Docket No. 12-357 at paragraph 53 and footnote 95 on the 3rd page of this excerpt. And you may check the complete text of FCC 12-152. http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2013/db0123/FCC-12-152A1.pdf