Create combustible combination when attached to homes
The WXYZ report also found similar incidents of fires across the country. Sister station WPTV in West Palm Beach, Fla., has covered several fires linked in part to smart meters.
The evidence of smart meters being a fire hazard keeps mounting.
Elizabeth Copeland-White in DeKalb County, Ga., reported that a smart meter exploded and caught fire to her home, causing $11,000 worth of damage. (See the evidence)
In Chicago, smart meters were identified as being the cause of several fires in suburban homes in which Commonwealth Edison installed the devices. Other smart meters were found to overheat severely while in service.
“ComEd has experienced three smart meter events that resulted in damage to metering equipment and to the immediate area around the meter due to small fires,” the utility said in a statement responding to questions from Crain’s Chicago Business.
In July, a Houston woman blamed a smart meter for a fire that devastated her home. KHOU-TV news received a document that appears to be from the Houston Fire Department that stated that the source of the fire was from “an unspecified electrical malfunction in the electrical meter.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/smart-meters-turn-incendiary/#fdPBVDxaUOTFt2sA.99 Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/smart-meters-turn-incendiary/