Please send in your own comments and questions soon!
Please send them to:
Mark Futrell” <MFutrell@PSC.STATE.FL.US>
CHASM (Coalition for Health Against Smart Meters)
The following public comment was submitted by a Brevard resident to the Public Service Commission (PSC) of Florida:
From: [name withheld]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:04 PM
To: Mark Futrell
Subject: Smart Meter Workshop….
Florida Public Service Commission
Mr. Mark Futrell
2540 Shumard Oak Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0850
Dear Mr. Futrell,
This letter is in regard to the upcoming Florida Public Service Commission smart meter ‘Workshop’. Smart meters were never openly held up for public review. In a Constitutional Republic it is our human right to be safe in our homes. The 4thAmendment guarantees, “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures”. Therefore, I object to forced smart meter deployment by Florida Power and Light on the grounds of:
* Involuntary pulsed radiation in private residences that is a class 2b potential carcinogen according to the World Health Organization
* Florida health and governmental agencies have ignored all peer reviewed, published studies on the harm to health caused by non-thermal radiation
* Lack of proper cyber security or personal data protection
* Many reports of explosions, fires and surges across the nation
* Proliferation of radiation in the home due to the future smart appliance chip mandate
* Lack of protection for those living or working near large banks of meters, so called meter co-locations.
It is the responsibility of the state of Florida to protect citizens against the cumulative damages of long term, non-thermal pulsed microwave radiation. I/we further object to reliance on the FCC’s outdated safety regulations. I/we request full accessible public hearings with the inclusion of medical studies on non-thermal radiation. I also request a permanent, life-time opt out of smart meters for any reason free of punitive charges.